Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday



Well, I skipped posting last week. But I wasn't loafing...oh, no, dear reader! I actually worked on two of my goals while I was off 'not writing'.

First-I made a visit to my dentist and procured bleaching trays and some magic goo to whiten my teeth (#12). The process was pretty painless, if you can stand a mouthful of pink mud briefly choking you in order to get the impressions to make the trays. (Can you say "Gag Reflex"?) However, as I'm writing right this moment, I am whitening my teeth. Multi-tasking at its pinnacle.

I also started reading The Story of My Life by Helen Keller (#2) while getting my hair done on Saturday. How do you even imagine only being able to see and hear for ONE single year of your life? From age 2 until age 7, she was completely trapped in the dark well of her mind, without any way to properly communicate any of her thoughts or feelings. I cannot even fathom how lonely and frustrating that must have been, especially for a child in their most formative years. When you read about Anne Sullivan and the way she dedicated her entire life to being Helen Keller's teacher...opening up a whole wide world for her, it is simply amazing. And look at the unbelievable things her student accomplished! The woman was blind and deaf and SHE wrote a book...I'm having trouble with a blog, for goodness sake! I know a few people who struggle with a sentence. Ha.

I definitely recommend both the book and the bleaching trays. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment