Friday, October 21, 2011

A Cupcake Says Thanks


Gratitude is the memory of the heart.
~Jean Baptiste Massieu





Writing letters of thanks to people who have impacted my life was one of the most enjoyable of the items on my list. Most of us live our lives in fast-forward motion...so putting it in reverse to consider those who have helped to shape the person I am today required a little mental exercise. But once you start thinking about your past, there are always people who leap out of your memories and make you smile.

I have been so blessed to have so many of these sorts of people in my life over the years...I certainly would not be the woman I see in the mirror without their support, their advice, their love. And I am so grateful to each one:

To Mark K....for helping me find a place to belong
To Phillip L...for showing me what church should be all about
To Linda I...for being there when I found Jesus~& for Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
For Beth H...for her timely words of encouragement
For Bob W...for stepping in to help me on to the finish line
For Brian K...for giving me a chance---and a great job
For Lily R...for teaching me to play rummy & how to laugh
For George L...for helping with my education
For Monica E...for pushing me towards true love
For Tanya S...for answering all my dumb questions & making me laugh
For Jeanne B...for being my extra brain--and for all her encouragement
For Andrea I...for helping to make me beautiful (and for listening)
For Linda C...for helping me to heal
For Connie F...for wrapping me into her family
For Mark S...for my first chance in the real world
For Pam G...for being the best sister-friend--and loving me beyond
For Linda B...for showing me what independence looks like
For Cheryl S...for being there through the passages to womanhood
For Jack Jr...for being the brother that I didn't have (at least once a year!)
For Tracie C...for letting me teach
For Robert B...for all his support (and making me laugh)
For Em B...for showing me what a lady looks like
For Sherry S...for being a friend & a guide in a new place
For Lisa H...for supporting me, in spite of everything
For Mary C...for kicking my butt :)
For Mina G...for growing up with me, in more ways than one!
For Laura J...for her kindness at the beginning of the end
For Don A...for helping me to see myself more clearly
For Ginna C...for showing me how to live a full life
For Jennifer I...for being the little sister
For Michelle E...for always showing up when I needed her
For Travis G...for letting me live in the moment
For Becky W...for Toby and all they both taught me
For Charlee & Barbara...for being the extra aunties
For Mark & Susan...for the example of what true love looks like
For Andi S...for well, everything
For Rachael K...for everything else
For Mom...for always knowing just what I needed--for all these years
For Dad...for being the kind-of man who never compromises
For Major O' Mine...for looking at me and always seeing more


1 comment: