Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Cupcake Yogini


"A finished person is a boring person." ~Anna Quindlen

The Major asked me last night what I was planning on 'doing' with my yoga teacher certificate (#32) (or more specifically, a reflexology certification that I'm lobbying to attend this fall). He really is a wonderful husband, because even when my answer is "I'm not sure, exactly...how about knowledge for knowledge's sake", he just nods and laughs. I know that he is an extremely rational and logical man (and these are a few of the reasons I love him, since we all can't be quirky like myself) and he has a need to see the USE of such adventures (especially when they have to come out of the budget..ha!) But I'm not making any promises.

I simply enjoy the learning process. And since I am very easily entertained, luckily most of what I am curious to learn about does not hurt the pocketbook as much as yoga teacher training will. For example, I am currently watching a borrowed series of lectures on the Classics of British Literature...48 lectures in all. They are really interesting, beginning with the origins of the English language, and frankly, they make my brain pedal in a way it has not been forced to do in a while! (This company has lecture series on practically anything that could strike your fancy, from wine to physics~check it out!)

Ironically, this curious desire to continually explore stuff means I'm already creating my NEXT Cupcake List! Even after the forty items on this list are complete, there are loads of ideas tumbling around in my head for the following years to come.

Anyway, back to the Major and yoga teacher training. I don't know what will come of it, only that I have wanted to attend this particular yoga program at Discovery Yoga in St. Augustine for about the last ten years since I first discovered it, and since they have cashed my deposit check, I am going to go out on a limb and believe I am signed up for five weeks in Feb/March of 2011!

After that, well, I think I would be a good yoga teacher, but my brain can't see that far into the future. For now, I'm content with knowing that (the Lord willing, as my dad would say) in the spring I will be there, learning all I can, thanks to my wonderful, supportive husband who is willing to pay for me to go, just because it makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment