Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Master Cupcake Plan: Year 2

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." ~Aristotle


Well, since the last year sped by, practically without my noticing it was going, I decided that if there was ANY hope of my completing this list I had better create a timeline for the items that need to get done. Exhibit "A": see left.

I determined how many cranes I needed to make per week to complete #33. Make 1000 origami cranes (that would be 20); how many movies I needed to watch per month to get in #4 (Audrey), #16 (GWTW) and #23 (Al Gore). I calculated how often I needed to write a letter of gratitude (#20), how often I needed to have a poem memorized (#39), as well as how frequently I should work on #37. Practice stopping to smell the roses. I also decided, since I am motivated by such minor things as checklists, that in order to floss, stretch and get my reading in (remember those 54 books?), I better create a system to reward myself with a big pink "X" for getting those things done on a daily basis.

In order to become proficient at gun-slinging (#10) and pie-making (#13), I decided I needed to add those tasks in monthly, as well as #26. Perform 24 breast self-exams. And in order to work on some of the more miscellaneous items, I am adding one in per month to accomplish.

All sounds good, right? (A little OCD, perhaps, but good?) Ironically, I am already falling behind! It is harder than it looks to get these little things done daily and schedule in the more time-consuming ones...in order to check off those boxes, but I think I'm on to something with my plan (as much as it pains me to give Jerry Seinfeld credit for this variation of a theme). I want to get to the end of THIS year and be planning the best 40th birthday celebration ever...in honor of all my accomplishments.
Now let me go get out my pink Sharpie....












No comments:

Post a Comment