Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What to Read



I love to read. Love, Love, LOVE. Love it at least as much as I love birthdays. Wanting to read isn't my problem. Wanting to read the list of books I've given myself IS. Or rather, wanting to read Persuasion more than I want to read the new Laurell K. Hamilton. I can't seem to focus on my list...instead I keep bringing all these sci-fi fantasy books home from the library--say, 6-8 at a time, and devouring them immediately, one after the other. Very gratifying from an entertainment perspective, but a bit off task.

And the irony is that I really do want to read the books on my list. The thing is, they are, well, work. As opposed to the others, which are really my version of mindless television. So I guess the bottom line is that maybe I am a little bit lazy? Anyway, any suggestions on how I can get more involved in my reading list (which, by the way, I expected to be one of the EASIER items to accomplish on my list...yikesy!), would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. i'll read the judy blume book with ya...sort of a minin book club?! she is one of my all time fav authors. maybe this would help jump start you?!

    xoxox

    mina

    ReplyDelete